Monday, June 30, 2008

Charlotte Simmons

I've been thinking a lot about Charlotte Simmons lately.(Yes I'm still reading I am Charlotte Simmons.It's like, Bible thick. The actual Bible, not those dinky pocket things).
Anyway, what about Charlotte Simmons?
Basically I can't stand her. She's a rude, prude-y, judgmental, lame douche bag and all she does is exclaim when people say "fuck" or have sex. I mean come on Charlotte. What did you expect? It's COLLEGE. On top of that, Tom Wolfe keeps reminding the reader that Charlotte is from North Carolina and has this gross southern drawl.
Reasonably, this only makes me hate her more.
If fictional book characters went to sketchy basement parties, I'd want Charlotte Simmons to drunkenly hook up with Holden Caufield(The Catcher in the Rye). I think they'd be really good for each other, as I hate them both.

Goodnight.

-B

1 comment:

maslo said...

have you gotten to the part where she gets ho'ey?