So yesterday I started reading a book called A Four Sided Bed.
On page 17 I decided it was the first book since March that was worthy of the Edward Hopper bookmark Tyson brought me back from Chicago. I then created a Reading playlist on iTunes in its honor.
And then I received a lesson in not counting your chickens before they hatch, or putting all your eggs in one basket, or something.
Synopsis
JJ (the boyfriend) gets Fed-Ex'ed a musty 8 year old braid that his ex-girlfriend, Kin saved. We find out that the braid was cut off(of his head) after he spent some time in a mental hospital for his schizophrenia which has magically vanished.Next, it is revealed that his girlfriend may have actually been a BOYfriend.This causes Alice(the current girlfriend) to start thinking that she has AIDS, you know, because the girlfriend was maybe a boyfriend.
At this point in the novel I decided to go to sleep, where I had a series of bizarre dreams causing me to wake up at 6:30am thinking a little too hard about AIDS and stank braids in general.
Perhaps this wasn't the carefree summer reading I was looking for.
On a whim I skipped 30 pages, giving A Four Sided Bed one last chance to redeem itself. Alice was talking about biting her step fathers tongue.
So I took A Four Sided Bed back to the library. It wasn't open but I had to get rid of it immediately, so I tossed it in the book drop.
In an effort to restore my sleep cycle and normal thoughts I have started reading I Am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe.
I'll leave you with a quote from the text:
"Know'm saying"
Call yo'self a cop? Swap yo' dick and yo' ass,
Ev'ry time you shit, yo' balls go plop plop.
Wipe yo' dick, and it bleeds choc'late.
You needs to fuck with yo' butt, cocksucking cop cop.
Know'm saying?"
Plop, plop indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment