I'm starting Sunday morning with a whole bunch of indie-rock from the good ole U.S of A. I like Brazilian music but I miss knowing the words to songs--and what they mean.
Last night we went to a soccer game. São Paulo was playing Rio Claro and Olivia gave me a snazzy fan shirt that I received many compliments on. The game could have been fun. But once again, rain ruins everything especially if you already don't like sports.
There was this section of die hard fans that were almost more interesting than the game. They looked like they were having fun even when it started raining. They didn't even put on ponchos. They just drummed harder and jumped higher.
After the game we walked maybe a mile to the bus stop and then rode the bus to the metro and from the metro I payed a taxi driver too much to get us lost.
I got home around 11:30 and called it a night.
I won't lie, I felt pretty lame but I just haven't had much desire to go out this weekend.
It could be that I'm spending way more money than I expected and I haven't even paid my cellphone bill yet.
It could be that the people here are too fashionable and I sort of just want to go out in jeans and a t-shirt.
I'm not sweating it though. As Andrew Bird says, "Being alone, it can be quite romantic, like Jacques Cousteau underneath the Atlantic."
I'd like to paint today, so I think that I'll go do that.
Bimbola
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment