Thursday, March 25, 2010

On Tuesday morning I woke up and it was pouring. I went to my window to look out at the ocean and it was completely foggy but the clouds were gorgeous and put me in sort of a whimsical mood.

And then I went back to sleep for 4 hours because I don't have my art theory class this week. Glorious, glorious Tuesday. This past weekend was pretty low key.

I spent a rainy Saturday in the neighborhood of Plataforma at a Brasilian friend's house. Plataforma is sort of cool because it's on a big hill but besides that nothing incredibly special. I had some good home cooking and agu
a de coco (Coconut Water) and abacate (avacado) from mom's garden which really can't be beat. Also can you say the most x-treme garden ever? In the evening we went to watch jazz at the Museum of Modern Art (a weekly event perfect for when you don't have anything else to do). It's a good place to run into your friends and buy fancy (but still cheap) drinks. We headed out there for the night since the 24 hour beach parties have come to an end for this year (que triste).

I can't believe it's Thursday already. We're doing plaster casts in Three Dimensional Expression which is hard work but for some reason brings us together as a class. Yesterday the professor was like half an hour late and then after he arrived he picked up a few students and left again to buy gesso for class. We ended up just sitting outside eating popsicles (purchased from a homemade popsicle vendor, like the one in Arembepe) and hanging out for an hour. I really like the kids in my class, they're a quirky bunch which is gold sometimes here.



Bimbola


No comments: